Thursday, December 16, 2004

Some new material of my own

So after getting on Kendrick's back to write something new Emily starts ragging on me to write something new. But the problem is nothing happens here. I could tell you about everything that goes on in my love life. But there's nothing going on. He's in St. Louis Park, I'm in Duluth, remember??? And I don't give him the run around. Once we get married I'll probably have some good material. So you'll just have to hang on until then.

So lately I've been stressed about the wedding. Molly and Melinda's dresses were suppose to have a ship date of December 10 and be in by December 14. Well its December 16 and they're not in. So I'm a little stressed. They say they'll be in before Christmas and they better be, because after Christmas I will go psycho on those Picture Perfect Bridal people. Picture Perfect my butt, the girls aren't going to have anything to wear. And they still need to get alterations. Maria and Anna's dresses aren't done being altered yet. They've been getting altered for a long time. And when my mom called, no on answered. She probably when back to her native country for Christmas. We probably won't hear from her again.

Emily and Theresa, do you know the status on your dresses? Michelle Briggs, Alan's mom is altering them. I need to have my last bridesmaid Brittany pick her dress up and we will see if Alan's mom can alter it, and do the little bra thing to it also. But we can skip the lecture.

O, and my mom needs to get her dress altered too. I just hope everything gets figured out soon and done before February 5th.

Once the dress situation is figured out, then I will relax a little bit. Ok probably not, then I'll get hyped up on something else, food, alchohol, a snowstorm on the 5th.


7 comments:

CAL said...

Stress... Okay, I can match you. Let's see, my classes just ended, so I guess that's eased up a little. Except I have to have TWO books read and a group presentation ready for my J-term class by Jan. 11.

Then there's my job. I haven't been able to put in a 40-hour week for about a month; I've had to use up lots of sick leave and vacation time. Not that I mind that, it's just that nothing is getting done for my program. I'm trying to line up activities for the next 3 months and when I leave messages at all the places I have to call, it would be nice if I was around to actually get some of the call backs.

And Christmas. 13 kids, no shopping done, 7 days before Christmas. No Christmas cards written. No decorating done (we have a tree with some lights on it standing in the living room; how pathetic is that?). No Christmas baking. No gift wrapping (what's to wrap?).

No friends to help out. Lack of support from family. And a lot of expectations for a "wonderful Christmas."

Plus I'm just so dang old and tierd.

I quit.

Alan said...

ah the lecture... thats just so funny... and i think eric still doesn't know...

Gina said...

Mom, we'll all be home on the 20/21. We can do the decorating, I've seen it done enough times I know where everything goes. Josh and I got the tree in the house, and got the measley three strands of lights on it, even if we did have to do it twice.

We can do the baking also. Maybe I will attempt the layered lettuce salad and Emily can make the Ham. Matt can make the soup and Maria and Theresa can do the appetitizers and mashed potatoes. Christmas is the least of my stresses. It will all get done. And by December 26 it won't matter anymore.

Kendrick Novak said...

What about Kendrick?? What can I do and what do I get to do for Christmas to help out?

Gina said...

Kendrick you can help decorate. you can do the heavy lifting stuff. and maybe make some chocolate mousse.

Kendrick Novak said...

Yes, heaving lifting. Good, I need to workout and lift during break. I am huge now! Not really but at least I know I will have something to do. I can make mousse too!!! Best cook in the house!

empeterson said...

Oh great, I get to cook the ham? Like that's hard.
Alan, I think I told Eric, so whatever. It was kinda funny though...Gina, we are going over there on Tuesday to get the dresses finished, and they should be done shortly after Christmas? At least that is what Theresa said. And relax, remember, dump everything on me. What do you think I'll be doing when I get married? Hehehe. Don't worry, that won't be for awhile.