Saturday, December 11, 2004

kids say the darndest things

Two blogs in one day??? wow what that must be a record for me. But here I am, posting again, only 5 hours since my last post. But I don't have anything better to do as I wait for Josh to culture his cells.

So Josh and I just got done with NFP (natural family planning) Today we learned about ecological breastfeeding. If you do it correctly you can extend your infertilit for 2 years! Isn't that crazy? Now I don't necessarily want to space my kids 2 years a part, but the talk of spacing kids led Josh and I to a real discussion on how many kids we want, when we want to start, and how we might space them. We've talked about it before so it wasn't anything special of a conversation however towards the end of the conversation I was saying how I would love a little girl, and how Josh would love having a girl, cause then it could be a "daddy's girl" (like me) and he surprised me when he said that actually he really wants a boy. He said that seeing and playing with Caine at my house and Anthony (his brother) talking about his son Zach (Zack? how are you spelling it Heather?) really made him excited to have his own son. It was so cute.

Since I've known Josh he's always wanted a family, but it wasn't the first thing on his mind. He definetly wants to wait a couple of years to have kids once we get married, especially since we will both be in very demanding schooling situations, however its finally starting to become more of realistic thing to both of us!

I knew bringing Josh around my family a lot would help to adjust him to the craziness of kids. It was all in the plan. At first we would stay a few hours, then he spent the night. At first he would beg to leave each evening. He would always tell me I'm so glad we don't have kids, they are so much easier to deal with when you know you can get rid of them at the end of the day. We've slowly increased the amount of running time that he spends in my crazy house. He's spent entire weekends with my family and hasn't needed electroshock therapy, yet.... (electroshock therapy seems to be the new trend at my house)




No comments: