Tuesday, December 07, 2004

2 months and counting

So the wedding is less than two months away. And there is still so much to do. Well I guess there isn't so much to do but so much to pay for still. Its unbelieveable how much weddings cost these days. I know our wedding is big, but that doesn't matter because that only affects the food costs and I'm not even talking about food when I say that weddings cost a lot of money. Our wedding isn't going to be elaborate, we're not spending tons of money on wedding favors, my dress was pretty cheap, we're hardly having any flowers,so what is costing so much? I would really like to know that.

This past weekend my friends threw me a surprise bridal shower. I honestly had no idea until just a few days before when someone accidentally blabbed about it because she thought it was a couple of weeks ago and she emailed to say she was sorry she couldn't come. But even then it didn't really click. So anyway, the shower was great. I was very touched that my friends put all of the effort into the planning and it was so neat to have everyone there. Everyone there made me a scrapbook page with pictures of me and Josh or of me and that person that I can add to my scrapbook.

So now I have all of this great stuff for our house, that I can't really use now, but soon I will. Our new aparmtment is so small though, I don't know where we're going to put all of our gifts. We didn't register for too much stuff, because we knew we wouldn't have room for it. I don't think we'll have room in our kitchen for an extra set of dish cloths and towels!!

Now the countdown really begins. Graduation, then Christmas. New Years, a bridal shower, and my birthday. Another shower, our last NFP class, and then the wedding. There is so much to do between now and the wedding. Making payments, trying to finish school, putting the finishing touches on everything for the wedding. Time is gonna fly!

9 comments:

Kendrick Novak said...

You can always let Kendrick borrow you stuff!! Especially an iron. Does anyone have an iron?

empeterson said...

Who the heck brings an iron with them to college? Not that it's not a bad idea, but still...anyway, Gina, I'm your maid of honor, right? So you're supposed to drop all the crappy stuff that you don't really want to do on me, and then I'm supposed to deal with it. Seriously though, if you need help with anything let me know!

Gina said...

actually I already own an iron, and its already in storage. In fact, I'm not really sure which storage its in, I have so many storage spots.

Emily, I've already dumped a lot of stuff on you. Calling all those hair places saved me a bunch of time. And now you're working on the bachelorette party (right?). When the decorating and program assembly starts you can bet your butt that EVERYONE will be helping.

CAL said...

What's an iron??

Emily Powell said...

It's so cool yet pretty surreal at the same time that you're getting married!!!

And I'm so happy I get to go to it!!

:)

empeterson said...

I'm working on the bachelorette party? I mean...oh yeah, that's right, it's all under control. I still have to figure out what we're doing, prices, who's coming, food, and all of that, but...yeah, it's covered.

Kendrick Novak said...

Program stuffing?? What is that??

Gina said...

program assembly. We have to punch snowflakes on all 1000 sheets or so, and then glue each of those sheets to another sheet. It will be great fun!

Matthew B. Novak said...

Gina's all wrong. Program stuffing is when you make it look like your programs have big racks.

Also, I own an iron. And I wield it mightily. From time to time, when I forget to take stuff out of the dryer for a week.