Saturday, December 18, 2004

Graduation

I've been looking forward to graduating from college since my first day at St. Scholastica. Not because I wanted to be done, but because it was such a big deal. Graduation always seemed so distant, one of those "life goals" teachers are always telling you to make in elementary school. Its always been a life goal of mine, but it snuck up on me faster than I thought it would.

I am sad to be leaving the small community of St.Scholastica. I am sad to leave my friends. I never thought I would be so sad to leave undergrad school. I never realized how much this school really meant to me. The past years were not the easiest years of my life with schoolwork and social situations. Often times the only thing that would get me through was the thought of graduation and receiving a degree. However, now that I have graduated, I want to stay here, where I am comfortable. How backwards is that.

Today was an overwhelming day. The ceremony itself was very nice. It was even nice to know that a fellow classmate worked extra hard to have our programs indicate who graduated with honors and highest honors. I was touched by the people who came to support me, including my mom and dad, sister, roomate, fiance, and future inlaws. It really meant a lot to have all of them here.

Now that I've graduated I don't really know what to do. Honestly I feel a little lost. I am also excited to venture out on a new path one that includes marriage, a family, and dental school. I am sad to know that I can never go back to these days of undergraduate school. To my years as a scared freshman or a confidant junior.

I want to thank everyone for their support and confidance in me. So many people helped me through bad tests, bad professors, and bad weeks. So thank you.


I did it!!

1 comment:

Kendrick Novak said...

I am really proud of you Gina!!