Sunday, July 20, 2008

What a weekend

So this weekend was suppose to be relaxing, with not a lot going on but it turned in to quite a busy weekend after all. Friday night we ended up going to the Twins game with Maria, Theresa, and Leo. It was Leo's first game and it was a great game with the Twins beating Texas.

Saturday we ended up getting a lot of stuff done around the house and some errands ran. As soon as I can find some time I have a big project to work on. I am painting a "big boy" bed for Coen. In my mind it looks really cool so we'll see how it turns out. I'm aiming for totally awesome but will settle for decent. If anyone is artistic and is available to help I would be willing "employ" some painters. Saturday night we went to Fogo de Chao with Karla and Estephan, a Brazilian restaurant in Minneapolis. It was AMAZING, and I don't really eat a lot of meat. Chao means fire from the ground and the way southern Brazilians bbq is to slowly roast meat on this fire from the ground and as it gets done to cut thin slices and eat for hours. There were 15 kinds of meat and many many servers (mostly from Brazil) who walk around with these huge skewers and cut you slices of meat, mostly beef, and just amazing. Josh and I both fell in love with a garlic seasoned top sirloin. We ate for about 2 hours and it was great. It was very expensive but to be able to thank our nanny for a wonderful year of taking care of Coen it was worth every penny.

Sunday Coen actually slept in so we were able to go to a later mass. Then we went to Kohls to replace my watch battery. However, when they put the new battery in they found that the second hand sort of twitched back and forth. I was devastated because Josh had given me that watch for our first Easter and I absolutely loved it, but they replaced it for free, so that sort of made up for it. I like my new one but am still sad about my old one. After Kohls we headed to Canterbury (after picking up my friend Liz and Emily and Eric) . It was a zoo! Traffic was horrible to get there, there was no where to sit and it was hot. All because it was extreme race day. They did have a couple of cool races, but it was frustrating to watch the first one without a place to sit. We finally did find some pretty good seats and did not move until we left. The ostrich race was pretty hilarious but we didn't make it to the camel races. Maybe next year, or maybe we will avoid this weekend at the races all together. It was kind of stressful for me, with Coen and the heat and sooo many people.

Then this evening we cut Coen's hair. Well, I cut and Josh took some pictures. They are on facebook if you want to see. I think I did a decent job. I was a little sad to see his curls go but he does look pretty cute still.

Tomorrow I am back in the regular clinic at school. I finish off my last week of oral surgery this week. I had a lot of extractions at the crazy clinic so I think everything will go smoothly.

3 comments:

empeterson said...

You get Easter presents? Sheesh.

Gina said...

Only the first year. It was really a really late graduation gift.

empeterson said...

You get graduation gifts? Sheesh.