Friday, May 13, 2011

Grow ego grow

Feeling pretty proud of myself right now. Went garage sale-ing with the kids this morning. Found an awesome dinosaur lamp for $1.00 for Coen's room. Found a doll stroller for $.50 and a game that I once played and liked, compatibility, for $.50. Then I found a bunk bed, with two twin mattresses for $35, but I only had $34 so I got a bargain. The mattresses scare me a little with all the bed bug hype, but they look very nice and I have this mattress spray that is made out of enzymes that gets rid of all organic matter. So I used that. I am going to try to sell one mattress to Dad (for Jeph) and keep the other one I think.

So the proud part comes when I went to mom and dads, hooked up the trailer all by myself and loaded the bed and mattresses and drove all the way home without any incidents! Go me!

I am also proud of myself because I have lost 10% of my starting weight. My total weight loss is now 20.6 pounds! I am halfway there! Feeling good, and looking good (for me).

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

20 pounds, wow! We are going to go to some garage sales today, hope we find some good deals, too.

KD said...

eewwww... it is illegal to sell used mattresses... pretty sure there's a good reason for that :-/

Gina said...

I didn't know it was illegal. Lots of people sell them at garage sales. hmmm something to think about. We still haven't brought the mattress in the house. but seriously, its in really good shape!

Matthew B. Novak said...

I kind of know what I'm looking for with bedbugs, btw. I've had plenty of bedbug cases... I'm not exactly an expert, but I certainly know what I'm talking about.