Sunday, November 09, 2008

No baby yet

Well I was really hoping to have the baby this weekend, but that doesn't seem like much of a possibility any more. At first it was wishful thinking but when my doctor told me things were progressing and she wasn't going out of town this weekend I became a little more hopeful. Oh well. This week really wouldn't be ideal to have a baby, since I have patients every day. I was planning on still seeing a couple of them if I had the baby over the weekend because they are for competencies but if I have the baby now, there wouldn't really be much time to get out of the hospital to see them. So whatever, its up to the baby now. I have another appointment on Friday and she will try to get labor going again for me (she actually did this past Friday too, which was surprising). However, I can't go into labor immediately after my appointment, I have to wait until after my candle party.

I am hoping that people come, only a couple of RSVPs so far. I would love free stuff if people buy things but I am more concerned that this party will count as one for Emily. I think enough people will come and buy things that it will work out ok. Emily's party today was really successful so I have high hopes for mine.

It seems so crazy still that any day now we will have two kids. With Coen I was very ready to have a baby in the house, this time around I am just ready to have the baby out of me. I haven't given much thought to actually having a baby in the house. Hopefully everything comes back to me. I figure I'll have some time off to catch up on reading and stuff so that will have to be sufficient. Today I spent a good portion of the day cleaning and "nesting". I finished getting the baby's room ready, put up the mobile, took out some baby toys, made a pile of things that need to be washed before the baby can use them/wear them. I'm not sure if I was actually nesting, which they say is a good sign that labor is coming, or if I was just bored and needed something to do.

My first Sunday with no studying and of course there are no good movies on TBS.

4 comments:

Katie said...

hey hey - don't know if you are interested or not, but erin sent a bunch of NB and size 1 diapers with me if you want them.... i think the packages have all been opened, so she didn't think she'd be able to donate them...

Gina said...

sure, I'll take them!

Katie said...

ok - i'll bring them on friday!

i spent over 5 hours at archiver's today! finally got that carving page done - lol

Liz, Hans, Emmet, and Baby Schafer said...

Hey no baby until AFTER MONDAY! I need a tooth for my wedding!!!!