Sunday, October 26, 2008

One month to go

I am so excited, only one month left before we bring home another baby! It seems like it has taken forever to get here, but I think this last month will go very quickly.

My clinic schedule is practically full, with only a few appointments left for patients who need to reappoint. If I go early then I will have a lot of cancellations to make. This weekend is Halloween, next Tuesday is election day followed by board exams on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday so the next two weeks will be busy not only with clinic but with extra hours of studying, trick or treating, and voting. I have made good progress on my studying so far and the material is a lot easier than for the first written part because it is much more clinically related and 75% of the material are things we use on a regular basis. There is still a lot I don't know though, things that are obsolete clinically but for some reason we are still tested on them.

I am really hoping I have this baby early, because I need a break. I keep saying I'd like to go as soon as boards are done (the 8th) but would be overjoyed if I could just have the baby the Monday of the week of Thanksgiving. Then I would have my full 6 weeks of "maternity leave".

I have a Drs appt. tomorrow so we'll see if there have been any changes. I am little concerned about the baby's growth because I haven't been putting on much weight lately and my fundus measuring has not increased as much as it should. But hopefully everything will check out normal tomorrow.

I will try to update more often as the due date gets closer and things start progressing.

4 comments:

Katie said...

yay! exciting!!!

so i will be in the cities nov 8-13 or so, so if you are up for some scrapbooking or just hanging out, let me know!!!

Matthew B. Novak said...

How's Coen doing with all this?

Gina said...

Coen has no idea what is going on. And actually he's been benefiting from us being so busy because Saturdays have become study/catch up on work days and we've been shipping Coen off to a different Aunt and Uncles/Grandparents each weekend.

Any takers for the upcoming weekend?

Liz, Hans, Emmet, and Baby Schafer said...

Gina do you need someone for the weekend? I would love to take Coen or come up there and stay and help with him! Let me know if I can be of any help because I would love to spend some time with the little guy and get to know him since hopefully we can start spending more time together! No baby before the 17th! Remember that....Love ya! I am sure all will go well at he Dr. If your fundus is measuring small now, it means it has been and I am sure that they would have mentioned any concerns to you before your last month!! You may just have a little 5lb baby like I was...premie clothes...so much fun! But I am sure you and the baby are both healthy! Love ya!