Monday, March 05, 2007

Boring, not boring, and back to boring

So far my pregnancy has been very uneventful, boring even. Well today I had a doctors appointment and things almost got interesting. Well my pregnancy actually got eventful for about 3 hours. The doctor checked my cervix, no change blah blah blah boring boring boring. But then she was checking to make sure he was head down and she said it didn't quite feel right, so I needed to go have an ultrasound. Since the rest of my week is crazy we tried to get an appointment for today, well that was harder than it sounds because the phone and fax lines were down at the office so they couldn't fax surburban imagining my referral. Finally I told them I had a copy of my referral, I can bring it with, please get me in today. So they did. Our appointment was at 6:30, check in at 6:15. Of course we were early so we just waited, more boringness. We finally got called back, she slimed up my stomach, and the first thing we saw was that his head was indead down. Sigh of relief. For a few hours I thought I went through 8 months of boring pregnancy to then have the most unboring of all events happen, a breech baby, which means a C section. So back to the boringness. Which after today's little scare is fine with me.

Since we were there looking at our baby we got to see a lot of stuff again. His face doesn't look like a skeleton anymore and we confirmed that he is in fact a he. No doubts there. So now its just a waiting game. Our doctor doesn't let her patients go more than a week overdue, which I think is wrong, so if I am overdue I will try to push for two weeks past my due date- not that I want to go long, but I really don't want to be induced. But hopefully I won't go overdue anyways. Either way there will be a baby in 5 weeks! (or 6 if my debating skills are up to par)

2 comments:

empeterson said...

woo-hoo, yay for babies! by the way, liz nieman maybe has influenza a and can no longer come to the shower. i called sharon and left a message since i didn't get ahold of her at either number, and if you talk to her can you make sure she got it? thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hey Gina - Good luck with the soon to be birth!! How exciting! It seems like boring so far seems like the best option:)