Monday, April 18, 2011

Lent

So Lent is my most favorite time of the church year. It is the one time that I consistently focus on the readings, the homily, the music. I try my best to focus the rest of the year, but even the kids can't interrupt my focus during lent.

I also love the music. I love church music all year round and often judge how good mass was based on the songs we sang but during lent and Easter I love the music that much more. I always wish I was able to sing a little bit better (ok, a lot better) because I love to sing so much in church but always feel bad for the people in front of me. Oh well. God knows how much I love to sing and if he cared about the quality of my voice he would have given me a better singing voice I guess. I bet He thinks I sing beautifully, so who else matters?

2 comments:

Maria Trueblood said...

when you sing you pray twice, or so I've been told. And God gave you exactly the voice He wanted to hear!

Matthew B. Novak said...

My theory is that God likes dissonance, which is why so many of us are bad singers.