Monday, April 04, 2011

So grateful

Wow! I can't believe how fast these past four years went. 4 years ago today (in about 1.5 hours) I became a mom. Greatest moment of my life ever. Somedays I still can't believe I'm a mom, let alone a mom to three kids! Its unreal.

And its unreal how fast it could all be taken away. Yesterday was the biggest scare of my entire life. The moment I turned around and saw Cadence under that woman's car, trapped in her bike trailer. It is still so unreal. Josh and I are both having nightmares still, all of the what ifs. Josh had the worse view of the event as he was behind me and saw the entire thing. He remembers nothing of what happened from the time the woman ran over Cadence until we were all on the sidewalk.

I was a little more rational, calling 911 and moving my bike to the sidewalk. I guess that's me though, get things organized. Keeping busy, always moving.

Worst day and night's sleep of my life. Horrific, terrifying, and we all came out better than fine in the end. But why won't my mind shut off. We are so blessed to have three amazing kids, and very watchful guardian angels.

No comments: