Sunday, March 13, 2011

What a great weekend! (minus the loss of an hour)

Saturday during the day we replaced all of the light bulbs in our kitchen with CFLs that is 13 total bulbs (2 were already CFLs) and we installed a programmable thermostat so that when we aren't at home we won't be heating (or cooling) our house unnecessarily. I feel like such a green energy saver this weekend!
Saturday night was game night, played a new game, bezzerwizzer or whatever it was called. I really liked it even though it was a trivia game. Then we played some taboo and of course the girls won.

Sunday I did a little project I've been meaning to do for about a year now...I finally hemmed the curtains in our living room. They turned out pretty good, except for one panel. I think that panel must have been shorter than the rest to begin with because when I cut off 8 inches it ended up about 2 inches shorter than the other ones.... so don't look too closely when you come over. Overall they look pretty good though.

Then I made beef stew for dinner (we have a 1/4 of a cow in our freezer so we'll be eating a lot of beef this year) and had my family over (minus my mom). It was fun to have everyone over without a reason. Ice cream cones for dessert was the perfect way to end the weekend.

No comments: