Monday, March 07, 2011

To pee or not to pee

So I had my first, "my kid is not old enough" moment this morning. Of course I always look at my kids and can't believe how big and old they are already, but this morning was different. I am usually proud and excited for my kids to pass milestones, but not this morning. This morning it made me sad, because Coen is growing up, and he knows it.

This morning wasn't the first time it has happened, but its the first time I realized what was going on. After Coen was done using the bathroom I realized his pants were all wet and there was pee all over the floor. He admitted that he stands up to pee now. I tried to convince him he isn't ready for that yet, but he stood his ground and insisted that he should stand up to pee now. Obviously he isn't quite ready (not tall enough for one, and no one has actually shown him how) but by me telling him he isn't ready makes him want to do it more. And honestly even if he were ready, I'm not ready for this yet. It just seems too grown up and I like the innocence of him needing to sit down to pee.

Sad morning for this usually proud momma.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JC says he'll teach him haha