Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Back to the daily grind

What a great week of vacation we had at Lake Mary! My kids had a blast and asked to go back about 2 minutes after we left. We are unsure if we will be back next year, so we will have to see what happens in the coming year and what the other family members decide.

Well I had an MRI done yesterday on my wrist. After a week of the brace and then going back to work it is actually feeling a little worse. So hopefully something that is easily fixable is going on, and not something horrible like arthritis. I'm too young for that and have too many years left to work.

Starting October 1st, I will be down to 3 days a week at the dental office. I decided not to take the job offer from Dr.C, since Dr. B wasn't real keen on my taking it. But we still needed to make some budget cuts/earn more money, so we decided to start a daycare co-op. I am actually very excited to be spending two days a week with my children and their cousins. I have started planning the school curriculum that we will do every day. I bought a preplanned one online and the "lessons" everyday are a lot of fun, and better than I could have come up with on my own. I think my sisters will enjoy have some preplanned structure to their days as well.

We have one more daycare meeting to hammer out some details, but I really think this is going to be a great adventure. I am excited to be investing in my family, to have my kids spend more time getting to know their cousins, and be able to spend more time with my kids myself. And secretly I think I've always wanted to be a teacher!

2 comments:

empeterson said...

I'm a little nervous about this curriculum...especially since there are 3 babies who can't do anything like that yet! But it is going to be nice to not have to worry about Charlotte being in daycare and still getting to be with her 3 days a week.

Gina said...

I figured we do the "curriculum" during morning naps. And there's enough finger painting and coloring activities that Charlotte will start to learn to do. Same for Noble. Kennedy will just have to nap or watch.