Tuesday, August 19, 2008

back to work

Well my week of vacation sure went fast and I am now back for another week at the CUHCC clinic. Yesterday was rough. The patients were difficult, the instructor in my face, and my hands not quite done with vacation. Today is going much better. The patients have less involved lesions, the in my face instructor is on vacation the rest of the week, and I seem to have regained fine motor control in my hands.
Next week I will be on the mobile dental unit, which is a lot of fun. And as an added bonus I get to spend Wednesday at the state fair giving tours of the RV! I will also have some free time, and can stay at the fair as long as I want, so if anyone will be there Wednesday, let me know.

Coen started daycare yesterday and had a really good first day. The instructors (they consider it a school) said usually if a child has a good active first day the second and third days are more difficult, but when we dropped him off this morning he jumped right in with no hesitations. I think Coen might be an exception to the rule. He absolutely loves playing with the other children. I've been really worried that he is behind other kids his age socially, and physically but from the little I have observed of the other children his age he is right on schedule, if not a little ahead, especially physically. Socially he does pretty well too, but I'll feel better once his vocabulary improves. Josh and I think daycare will really help his language develop.
Friday Coen gets to take his first fieldtrip to the Children's museum. He will even be riding a bus! Its hard to believe how grown up he is already, this past 16 months went so fast! I think I really am ready for another baby in the house because Coen just really isn't a baby anymore.

1 comment:

empeterson said...

you better be ready for another baby since one is coming soonish!