Saturday, April 28, 2007

More about life with Coen, and dentistry

Since tending to Coen is pretty much the only thing Josh and I do these days, its about the only thing I can blog about- so if you're tired of hearing about him, I'm sorry.

Yesterday Josh and I went on a date, without Coen. We dropped him off at Grandma and Grandpas and we went out to dinner. Having our choice of any restaurant and being able to take as long as we wanted we still chose OCB. It was good though, their dessert station is amazing, and it was so fun to watch all the kids load their ice cream with gummie bears and nerds.

After dinner we went grocery shopping. Most people would follow dinner with a movie, but when you only have 2 hours to yourself for the entire week I guess its more important to make sure there is food in the house.

The end of my semester is very near. Only finals week left, then I have a two week break- to spend with Coen! Its amazing how in an instant my whole life changed to revolving around a tiny baby. Then after my two week break we start our summer session where we have a few more labs- endo and implants, a few more anesthesia practices, and then on May 22 I see my first patient! And on May 24th I see my second patient- Josh! Don't worry- he'll be fine, I'm basically only doing a hygiene appointment- no needles and no drills.

So if anyone needs dental work done, I am now available for patients. If you come to the U just know that it will take about 2 appointments (one for x rays and one for a treatment plan and general exam) before any work will be done. But the bigger patient base I have the better I'll be able to meet my requirements and graduate on time. The U is about 1/2 as expensive as a regular practicing dentist and they accept all insurances. So please, think of me if you need/want some dental work.

7 comments:

Matthew B. Novak said...

What kind of dental work? Can you do the kind where you give me new teeth?

Gina said...

I can do veneers, crowns, after lab this summer I'll be able to make a crown for an implant- but I'm pretty sure you don't need or want implants. I could give you a new smile! It would take awhile though and since you're in DC I'm assuming it won't be any time soon, so as soon as you come back to MN we'll talk.

Matthew B. Novak said...

How will you sedate and/or numb me? I'm not big fan of pain and/or unconsciousness.

empeterson said...

i thought they didn't take insurance? how much is regular stuff anyway? just like a cleaning and whatnot?

Gina said...

I am sooo good at giving local anesthetics- you will hardly feel it at all, nothing like our dentist.

I think a cleaning is around $40.

empeterson said...

$40 every 6 months? that's not that bad. eric and I should be able to afford that...

Gina said...

If you don't have a lot going on, cavities and calculus then you really only need to be going once a year. But if you have a bad mouth and poor oral hygiene then every 6 months is recommended