Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Wednesdays

So Wednesday nights are really boring because Josh has class all evening. Basically I get home from class around the time that he has to leave. Well most Wednesdays we'll have about an hour for dinner but tonight he had to go to class early so I really didn't get to see him. Then I have to pick him up from school and when he is teaching the classroom at work (which is 99% of the time, it just happens to be the other 1% tonight) he comes home, changes, and leaves. So On Wednesdays I barely get to see my husband. Its kind of lonely around here without him.

Which is why I have time to post these beautiful pictures of Jephtha's fungus that he grew in his very own oral cavity. My oral pathology professor culutured out the fungus and basically we saw both straight ones and circle ones. The circle ones (or spores) basically mean that it is a VERY active form. So everyone be proud of Jeph, he's a great host for growing fungus.

But actually he was only great at growing it because he was soooo very sick and was on some pretty strong antibiotics that killed all of the normal flora in his mouth allowing the fungus to take over. O the wonderful things we have lectures about in dental school....

So enjoy the pictures!










4 comments:

Katie said...

yeah, that's pretty gross. i wonder if my throat looks like that...

Kendrick Novak said...

He said it was yeast, is that right? It doesn't sound like it should be.

Gina said...

I think it was candida albicans.

empeterson said...

poor kid.