Thursday, January 11, 2007

School AND a Baby?!?! Gasp!

Well my final semester of classes has started. After this semester I will mainly be in clinic working on real patients! A little scary, I know. Next week I get to give my first local anesthetic injected on a fellow classmate. But because I'm pregnant I don't have to be anyone's patient! I picked the best semester to be pregnant. Or not... Yesterday at my doctors appointment my doctor basically told Josh and me that we were so foolish for thinking we could have this baby and be in school. She absolutely could not believe that I wasn't going to take more than a week off from classes. I told her that I had to finish the semester. I know it will be hard but I can do it and now I am even more motivated just to prove her wrong. Maybe she was remember medical school and her residency and how she worked 80 hour weeks, or maybe she was just having a bad day and it her concern came out as criticism- I don't know. Josh and I will do just fine we have such supportive family and friends and we both want this baby so much that we are willing to work very hard to make that happen (besides we can't really give it back now can we?) And now we just have more motivation- to prove our doctor and anyone else who doesn't think we can do this wrong.

This last semester is going to go by so fast, it seems like every week there is something going on with family or friends, tests, or doctors appointments, I won't have time to sit around and think about how "foolish" we were for wanting a baby now. And before we know it there will be a baby and everything will be just fine.

3 comments:

Katie said...

wow. it's crazy what doctors say to people.
some friends of ours in ohio had 3 kids under 4, and got pregnant with their 4th and when she went in, the doctor asked if they knew how this (baby making) happened and if they knew what they were doing.

Anonymous said...

Frankly Gina, you can do whatever you put your mind to. Nobody but you can figure out what is right for you. You go GIRL!!
Gail (as in Aunt)

Kacie said...

Gina...
Don't bother listening to that hooligan woman! Aure, the whole baby/school thing will be difficult, but what in life isn't??? Keep your chin up, and if she criticizes you again, send her my way and I'll bore her to death!
-Your favorite Kacie