Monday, February 28, 2011

Gearing up for a summer of fun!

Feeling pretty proud of myself. Worked out 3 days in a row to a new workout series. Its another 90 day program (initially) but the workouts are much shorter than the p90x so easier for me to squeeze it into my day. Feeling sore but good all over.

Now I just need to get some will power and eat better. Always my biggest struggle. I just love food too much. I think if I was busier at work that would help, because I sit around, get bored and end up snacking on things people bring in. Today I was good and only ate my fiber bar, which actually tastes good, but then for lunch I wasn't all that disciplined and ate a bag of chips. Tomorrow I am packing a lunch and making it healthy!

I'll never be bikini ready but I'd at least like to be "mom swimsuit" ready.

6 comments:

Maria said...

I bet you can rock the bikini. i'm going to, and you are in better shape than me!

Matthew B. Novak said...

I should post about some of my weight loss efforts too. Want to run a 10k with Lindsey and me?

Gina said...

Sure. Although I know I won't be running with either of you. My goal is to get in good enough shape so that when it warms up I'm able to run. How sick is that?

Matthew B. Novak said...

That's not bad. It's so hard to work out in the winter. I'm lucky because we've got a little fitness room at my work, with a shower and everything. I just take a break a couple times a week and go run on a treadmill. If not for that, I'd just do nothing.

Lindsey said...

Yeah, I'm trying to find a 10k for late spring/early summer. I think it will be hard since I have switched to running on a treadmill during the winter. Hoping to get back outside this month.

empeterson said...

Can I do the 10K too? I think that would be easier than trying to commit to the marathon at this point. I'm hoping to take Charlotte out in the jogging stroller once spring rolls around. Hopefully the sidewalks will be clear in a couple of weeks.